A scamster writes: (excerpts only)
Free your mind.
I am Mrs Elizabeth Kone, the wife of Mr.Willams Kone My Husband was a
highly reputable business magnet-(a cocoa merchant)who operated in the
capital of Ivory coast during his days.
...and in the nightclubs of Argentina as a Flaminco dancer during his nights, not bad for a lump of magnetized metal (I think the word you're searching for is "magnate"...)
It is sad to say that he passed away mysteriously after one of his
business trips abroad .Though his sudden death was linked or rather
suspected to have been masterminded by his uncle who travelled with him at
that time. But God knows the truth!
The butler did it! Come now, there's was an autopsy, surely?
Before his death he called me in the hospital and told me that he has
the sum of fifteen million,five hundred thousand United State Dollars
in a trunk box(USD $5.5m ,000) Which he deposited in one of the
Security company here in Cote D Ivoire Africa.
"USD $5.5m ,000" eh? That doesn't look at all suspicious! Come now, if you're going to send me a form letter, at least get the values in the input fields right.
Now I am just a widow with two children, and really don't know what to
do now, I want an account overseas where I can transfer this funds.
This is because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of
incessant political crisis here in Ivory coast.The death of my Husband actually
brought sorrow to my life.
... but joy to the lives of my three children. Wait, did I say three? I meant four children!
Now permit me to ask these few questions:-
1. Can you honestly help me as your widow?
2. Can I completely trust you?
3. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you
after the money is been transferd in to your account?
1. You want to be my widow? That's very touching, but I'm not dead.
2. Not if you're making noises about wanting to be my widow!
3. My country has high taxes on large bank deposits. There should be a good $40 left by the time they've had at it. How about half and half? I could probably buy a CD with $20...
Please,Consider this and get back to me as soon as possible.
How about NO! HA!