So, what losers do we currently have trying to spam attack my weblog?
The Bulgarian twins
- Two attack modes:
- Irregularly referrer spams, always to the same URL on my site, mostly poker-related URLs but also some financial/pill sites. Easy to block at the .htaccess level.
- They've been hitting mt-tb.cgi fairly constantly, despite getting error 403s (I renamed the script over a year ago).
- Registration info leads back to top-support.net and support2000.net which both resolve to the same IP as support-4u.net (See previous post on the Bulgarian twins).
- See also: Chris's Wiki: Those amusing Referer spammers
Kazakhstan spammer Timur Tasbulatov
Russian spammer Mike Tison
- Comment spams with porn URLs.
- Has a script which is easily fooled by my on-page measures, but cluster-bombs and loads entries a lot which uses bandwidth.
- He attempted to spam me using an MSN spaces URL, but the email address used is identical to one I found spamming a health-medical.us subdomain domain. That domain uses name servers belonging to one of the domains on the page linked below.
- See also : Spamhuntress Wiki: Mike Tison
But, despite all that, I remain spam free.